- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer
1. What is your favourite non-fiction book?
I can count the number of non-fiction books I’ve read in the last 20 years on my fingers. Hence, choosing a favourite is as difficult as it gets! But I think I’m going to go with – The Hero With a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell
2. Vampires, witches or fairies? Or something else?
Witches (with a Hogwarts letter!)
3. What are some of your favourite bands or musicians?
If I think about this question, I’ll end up overthinking it. So, straight from the current ‘most played’ list of my iPod, in no particular order – The Corrs, Ed Sheeran, Arijit Singh, Vidya Vox, and John Williams.
4. Sunshine or moonlight?
5. Do you prefer first person or third person narrative?
Third person narratives.
I find it difficult to trust first person narrators. A Clockwork Orange does that to you!
6. Which is the last book, film or series that made you cry (or really sad). (Because I can’t get over something that happened in Black Sails XD)
I have a book and movie!
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini; and Natsamrat, it’s a Marathi movie that I would recommend to everyone regardless of their knowledge of Marathi.
7. What superpowers would you like to have?
All of them, hehe. But then they would name me ‘Allwoman’, which I’m not quite sure about. I’d go with telepathy and telekinesis.
8. Who are your favourite villains? (From books or tv.)
Oh, it has to be Heath Ledger playing Joker in the Dark Knight series.
And The Three Witches from Macbeth (Lady Macbeth and her spineless husband were only puppets.)
9. What is your idea of having a good time?
Cool winds, hot coffee, good book and someone to share this silence with 🙂
10. Share a quote you like.
“One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.”
~ The Dharma Bums
Current favourite 🙂
11. Give me a book recommendation.
My instinctive reaction to this is always Harry Potter.
But for you, especially, I’ll recommend Haruki Murakami – The Colourless Life of Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
No compulsions, of course 🙂
- Why do you blog?
- Which book or TV show works better than a therapy session for you?
- Your all time book/movie crush?
- If you were on a world backpacking tour, what would be the first and last cities you visit?
- Your favourite book dedication?
- If you suddenly go AWOL, where would we be most likely to find you?
- Your favourite thing to do when it rains?
- What kind of music do you like to listen to when you are reading?
- What’s the one word that you’d like to remove from the English language and one new word you’d like to add?
- If you had a dragon, what would you name it?
- When was the last time you read something that made you smile for hours together? And of course, do share what you read 🙂
Once again, thank you Irene for nominating me. This has been incredibly fun!